Being a realtor people are always asking my opinion on the best way to sell their house; what to fix up; what to focus on and the like. Well, the old saying you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression holds true when selling your home.
When you are ready to sell your home the outside will be the first thing a perspective buyer sees.
With Summer now FINALLY approaching think of how your home appears from the outside.
Here are some great things to watch for:
- Debris and clutter should be removed.
- Sidewalks swept and in good repair.
- If you don’t have flowers placing a couple pots of blooms outside the door can make your home feel inviting.
- Adequate lighting is a must if your having an evening showing, often a time they drive by with to get their friends to get thoughts on their potential future home.
- If you have Peeling paint it should be dealt with and repaired if possible.
- Ripped screens should be fixed.
- A clean storm door (get out the soap and water) and clean windows can really make a difference.
- Mow the lawn & clean out the gutters.
A little elbow grease and a Saturday can make the difference from someone pulling up to your home and having a “negative” feeling to one of “Home Sweet Home” to the buyer.
Remember you only get 1 chance to make the 1st impression!